Exclusive to Harvest Bites, thank you for ordering our new slow-cooked pulled pork authentic Mexican taco kit.
I hope you enjoy sharing this meal with your loved ones knowing it has also helped to feed so many people in need during these tough times. I’ve made you a little video for best way to enjoy this meal, hope it helps you get a little taste of Mexico!"
HEAT + EAT INSTRUCTIONS
1. Warm the free-range pork in a wide-based frypan on medium to high heat. As the liquid reduces you'll find the tender pieces break apart and colour on the outside. Move the pieces occasionally to get a good amount of colour on them but don't dry them out too much! Keep warm to serve.
2. Place a second pan (non-stick is great) on medium to high heat. Prepare a bowl of water large enough to dip the tortillas in and have a clean cloth napkin or tea towel ready. Dunk a tortilla into the water for no longer than a blink of an eye then place into the hot pan. The water will steam the tortilla through and make it supple in 10 seconds or less. Flip over and remove after 3 seconds. Place immediately into the waiting tea towel and fold over to keep warm. Repat with the remaining tortillas.
3. Heat the beans in a small saucepan on medium until warmed through and place onto the table ready to add to your tacos!
4. To serve, top tortilla with pork pieces, cabbage and chosen condiments and salsas.
5. Enjoy! Perhaps while listening to this Mexican Spotify Playlist!
About the produce:
This product uses carbon neutral free-range pork from Borrowdale Family Farm, sourced from family farms throughout Australia. This means the pork is paddock raised in stress free environments, free of added hormones or moisture infusion.
Our Tortillas come from La Tortilleria in Melbourne. Making Australia's best corn tortillas since 2013 using the nixtamalization process devised over 2,000 years ago by the Mayan and Aztec people of Mesoamerica.