Wood Fire Cape Grim Grilled Beef Fillet with Mac & Cheese
Exclusive to Harvest Bites, we've collaborated with some of Sydney's finest chefs to bring you some delicious meals that are packed with flavour and purpose.
Here are simple heating instructions for Rockpool Bar & Grill's Cape Grim Fillet Steak with Café de Paris Butter served with Rockpool's famous Mac & Cheese.
All the hard work has been done by Executive Chef Corey Costelloe and the Rockpool team!
This meal will take about 20 minutes to heat, serve and eat! Set your table with crockery and your finest cutlery, put on a good vibes dinner playlist and pour your favourite drop to experience this fine and delicious Rockpool Bar & Grill dining experience in the comfort of your own home!
Show me your meal on insta @rockpoolbarandgrill @coreycostelloe @ozharvest @harvestbitesau
HEAT + EAT INSTRUCTIONS
- Take the beef portions out of the bag and let them come to room temperature. Place the beef onto a small wire rack or small baking tray that just fits the portions and set aside.
2. Preheat your oven to 220 degrees.
3. While the oven is heating, warm the cheese sauce in a saucepan on low heat until the sauce has just melted then add the pasta to the same saucepan.
4. Transfer the pasta and sauce to a small gratin tray or baking tray then sprinkle with the parmesan and breadcrumb mix for that crusty delicious top. Cook in the oven on 220 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Once oven is hot, place the steaks in the hot oven for 6 minutes medium rare, 8 minutes medium or 10 minutes for well done. Let the beef rest for 3 minutes before carving. Set the timer on so you don't overcook this delicious Cape Grim steak!
6. Whilst the beef is cooking heat the Café de Paris butter in a small pot until the butter has just started to warm.
Pre slice your steaks on a wooden board, with a sharp knife before plating, making it easier to eat at the table.
Place your Cape Grim Wood Fired steaks onto a plate, pour over the Café de Paris Butter, and serve with a wedge of lemon if you have one.
Place your Mac & Cheese at the table, and serve depending how hungry you are!
If you ordered our Green Salad, simply dress with Neil Perry's perfect salad dressing. Or create your own favourite crisp green salad to accompany this delicious meal.
*Serve on warm plates to keep the steak warm! You can pop your plates in the microwave for 20 seconds to warm up or in a crockery warmer.
About Cape Grim Tasmanian Beef
Australia's Finest Grass-Fed Beef
Tasmania is world-renowned for its rugged wilderness, pristine beauty and landscape of vivid contrast.
Cape Grim in the far northwest corner, shaped by wild Southern Ocean swells, abundant rainfall has the cleanest air in the world.
Our proud collective of beef farmers throughout Tasmania, King and Flinders Islands, have a commitment to ethical practices and are audited by a third-party.
They nurture the finest quality cattle, without harming the pristine environment.
Raised on rich pastures with nothing else added, Cape Grim Beef is hand-selected and rigorously graded, rewarding you with pure beef flavour – made by nature.